Hair Report from Oroton and Myer Shows at Mercedes Benz Fashion Festival
23rd OF August 2012
The hair and beauty continues to impress at Mercedes Benz Fashion Festival Sydney with equestrian-style with edge seen at Oroton and a chic pony seen at the Myer Show. Jon Pulitano, Redken hair director, shares with us his backstage tips and tricks!
Day Three of MBFFS saw soft layers of patterned silk set against earthy hues of caramel, red and yellow at the Oroton show. New season leather goods launched down the runway where metal trims of gold and silver drew inspiration from the Aztec era. The hairstyle revealed twisted Mexican imprints fused with equestrian sophistication.
Get The Look:
1. Starting with dry hair, apply Redken Outshine 01 polishing milk ($29.95) from roots to mid- lengths, this will create shine and tame any frizziness. Work through with fingers.
2. As a guide, create a section centre front of hair half way between each eyebrow. Creating an anchor point for the pending twists, take centre front section back towards nape.
3. Apply Powder Grip 03 mattifying hair powder ($20.95) to centre section. This will create texture and encourage hair tension. Starting from the front, tightly twist hair close to the head and towards the nape. Secure with elastic
4. Divide three new sections of hair on each side of the centre twist and repeat Step
5. Secure each twist to the nape to form a ponytail.
6. Next freely tong ponytail to encourage natural wave and body.
There's nothing better then chic, low maintenance runway hair we can take straight to the street, and that was exactly the case on the Myer Spring Summer 12-13 catwalk at MBFF Sydney. We chatted to Redken hair director Jon Pulitano backstage before the show about the hair look.
Jon opted for a,"nice, classic, low ponytail, not too wet or hard looking" with a middle part and used Redken Rootfull to keep the pony dead straight and for that extra little bit of volume. To stay away from the 'wet look' that has been dominating the spring summer runways lately, Jon used a dry finish hair spray take the slip out of the hair. This resulted in healthy, silky hair for that summery vibe and to showcase the Myer collection. It was all about the laid back, natural vibe with models sporting very clean, fresh and nude makeup tones enhancing their natural beauty.This is a quick and easy hair look you can get at home if you're on the go - simply blow dry your hair quickly and smoothly, part in the middle, tie up and you're good to go!
As for the summer trend in hair? "Fullness, movement , curls and lots of texture!" Jon says urging us to avoid the solid look of Autumn and Winter and just unleash our locks for the wow factor this summer!
Share your comments
Top Beauty Stories
Real Women Review Lancôme Adv...
After using this super serum for one week, we aske...READ MORE
Editor Loves: Best Winter Frag...
I’d like to think that it’s the fragrance that...READ MORE