How To: Fishtail Braid
13th OF October 2012
Learn how to do the fishtail braid in six steps! The intricate-looking, woven hair-do is the perfect way to style your hair this spring summer season. The relaxed, boho braid can be take you from summer festivals to a chic night on the town and is surprisingly simple to do!
6 Steps to the Perfect Fishtail Braid
1. Divide your hair into two large sections, parting straight down the middle. For a sleek, sharp look, you can use a comb to part your hair evenly. If you'd prefer the tousled look, simply part it with your hands.
2. Pull a thin strand of hair from the outside of the left section.
3. Pull it over the top of the left section, and grasp it under the right section.
4. Repeat Step 2 on the other side.
5. Keep alternating sides, weaving over and under, until you reach the bottom of the braid.
6. Secure with clear elastic
In general, try to use the same thickness for each strand throughout or your braid will look uneven. For a more intricate braid, use skinnier strands while thicker strands will contribute to a more tousled and voluminous look. It's up to you!
If you feel that the fishtail is too tight when you have finished, use your fingers to gently massage into the strands a little to loosen it slightly. this will also give a more relaxed, boho feel.
Check out Joh Bailey's Guide to the perfect braid below!
You might also like...
Summer Hair Inspiration
Share your comments
Top Beauty Stories
How To Disguise Crow's Feet
Unless you are walking around with a warm light co...READ MORE
The Launch Pad: Chanel, L'Occi...
Whether it be disappearing off to Hawaii with Glas...READ MORE
Real Women Review Lancôme Adv...
After using this super serum for one week, we aske...READ MORE
Film Review: The Call (2013)
When a 911 operator, Jordan (Halle Berry), is witn...READ MORE
David Jones 175th Anniversary ...
This week in Closet Case David Jones celebrates i...READ MORE
Trend Alert: Modern Animal Pri...
This season is all about the Modern Animal Print: ...READ MORE