Style Guide to David Jones Runway Hair With Aveda
18th OF August 2012
Take a look at this step-by-step style guide to take the on-trend runway hair looks from the David Jones Spring Summer 2012-13 Fashion Launch to the street!
Styling Step-by-step for David Jones Spring/Summer Fashion Launch:
Look 1. ‘Gwyneth’ Ponytail
1. Prepare the look by beginning with towel dried hair and apply a ten cent coin size of Aveda Color Conserve Daily Color Protect through mid-lengths and ends.
2. To the root area, spritz Aveda Pure Abundance Style-Prep to thicken hair.
3. Work Aveda Phomollient Styling Foam (3 pumps) through mid-lengths and ends. If hair requires smoothing, apply a small amount of the Aveda Brilliant Universal Crème.
4. Decide on which side you would like your hair parted and start your part from just beyond the arch of the brow of the same side.
5. Blow-dry your hair from root to tips using a large, round brush and even sectioning; finish the blow dry with a straightening iron.
6. Take a circular section over the crown area and clip out of the way. Pull or comb both sides of the parted hair smooth behind the ears and secure into a low ponytail at the nape of the neck.
7. Unclip the circular section of hair (attention to the same part line) and comb or smooth it down to join into the rest of the pony.
8. Make sure hair is pulled firmly and wrap the ends around the hair band, securing with a bobby pin that matches your hair colour. Spray Aveda Air Control Hairspray to help secure the direction of the hair into the pony.
9. To create the extra shine and shimmer, spritz with Aveda Protective Hair Veil that also doubles as intense shine and provides UV filters to protect hair.
10. To lock in the look, finish with Aveda Control Force Hairspray
Look 2. ‘Bella’ Natural Blow-dry
1. For a healthy foundation for this natural look, apply Aveda Color Conserve Daily Color Protect through mid lengths and ends of towel dried hair
2. Spritz Aveda Pure Abundance Style- Prep gently through entire hair.
3. Work 3 pumps of styling foam through mid-lengths and ends of the hair.
4. Divide hair into sections and blow-dry beginning with the back using a large round brush to keep hair tight. Ensure ends are wrapped tightly around brush when blow-drying to create a slight wave.
5. When completely dry, spray section with Aveda Air Control, then leave to cool down. Continue onto your next section and repeat until the entire back is done.
6. With the main front area, again divide into sections and use the same technique as before.
7. Blow-dry each section of hair by brushing it up then back and dry thoroughly.When reaching the last section closest to the hairline, the hair needs to be blow-dried forward.
8. Spray hair lightly all over with Aveda Air Control and leave to set for 5 mins.
9. With an Aveda Paddle Brush, turn head up-side down and gently brush through from front to back.
10. Place head back, part hair in the middle and brush very gently, finishing with Aveda Light Elements Smoothing Fluid to smooth any fly away hair and dress the ends.
Share your comments
Top Beauty Stories
The Launch Pad: Chanel, L'Occi...
Whether it be disappearing off to Hawaii with Glas...READ MORE
Real Women Review Lancôme Adv...
After using this super serum for one week, we aske...READ MORE
Editor Loves: Best Winter Frag...
I’d like to think that it’s the fragrance that...READ MORE
Thai Style Spiced Pumpkin & Gi...
One of my favourite meals, especially in winter, w...READ MORE
Great Gatsby Sydney Premiere, ...
The Great Gatsby has premiered in Sydney, new deta...READ MORE
Changes to Compulsory Superann...
We've been hearing much of the changes to compulso...READ MORE