Summer Hair Inspiration
8th OF October 2012
Sick of the same old summer hairstyles? Amp up the wow-factor next time you hit the street, pool-side or dance-floor with these super-easy, super-chic summer hairstyles from L'Oréal Professionnel Hair Director, Brad Ngata, as seen on the runways at the Perth Fashion Festival 2012.
by Anna McDougall
The Look: THE LADDER LOOK
Brad Ngata created 'The Swedish Braid' with a fresh vibrant approach. Brad explains "I imagined a girl who liked to stand out, to be different to the rest. This take on the Swedish Braid is about layering with a ladder effect, smooth rows with textured tails."
Get The Look:
1. Using the right brow arch as a guide, section hair to create a deep side part
2. Take a comb and pull top section across to the top of left ear, secure with tie.
3. Staying on left siside take small section of free hair and comb towards the right side, secure with tie. repeat back towards the left when you tie hair add in the existing ponytail.
4. Continue one section at a time and repeat until you have reached the nape of both ponytails.
The Look: THE BRAD NGATA BRAID
Brad explains "it is such a classic and effortless look to recreate and that is the beauty of it. The tight, neatness set against the static flyway effect gives a youthful radiance to the girl".
Get The Look:
1. Using a comb, section hair to create midle part. Comb to ensure hair is smooth
2. One section at a time, tightly braid hair from the middle top of head to ends of hair. Secure with an invisible elastic.
3. Take each braid and cross over the other at nape. Bring up to tuck ends on the inside of braid. Secure with pins.
4. To finish, Rescu recommends spraying hair with L'Oreal Professionnel Crystal Gloss
The Look: WIPE OUT WAVES
Brad Ngata shares his inspiration for this fun and flirty finish. "To me, I think this style is perfect party hair. The big bouncy curls give it a romantic nod where the sleekness of the look adds a certain sophistication."
Get The Look:
1. Starting with dry hair, divide to form a diagonal part at the nape. Sectioned into two parts, top and bottom
2. Taking the lower section, secure as a ponytail, off centre, left from the nape. This is to form the support for the top section.
3. To the top section spray L'Oreal Professionnel Pli, to heat protect and activate hold of curls. Tong the hair to create big waves of curls building volume as they form.
4. Using a comb at the roots, work the hair forward and backwards to enhance texture, keeping with the strong parting. Take pins and gently secure back section of hair over the ponytail to cover.
5. With fingers, blossom-curl the top section to create relaxed, flyaway volume. To set, respray smooth section.
Share your comments
Top Beauty Stories
Top 4 Mistakes When Choosing P...
The world of plastic and cosmetic surgeries can be...READ MORE
Hair How To: Isla Fisher’s L...
Anyone who's ever ended up with Shirley Temple cur...READ MORE
Cate Blanchett for Giorgio Arm...
Cate Blanchett has stepped out in Milan for an exc...READ MORE
Colon Hydrotherapy: Benefits, ...
Colon therapy, colonic irrigation, or colon hydrot...READ MORE