Jeans: How to find the perfect pair
11th OF September 2012
Finding the perfect pair of jeans is never an easy mission.
Whether you want to invest in a classic denim pair that will last you a lifetime, or if you’re just out to score a bargain for the latest on-trend style of the season, RESCU’s got you covered.
Following these basic tips is a must before any jean purchase, especially if you want your new jeans to survive the annual wardrobe cull.
To get the best fit:
* Opt for stretch denim. Not only is this the most comfortable denim option it also helps to smooth out the appearance of any unwanted bumps.
* Can’t decide whether or not to go up a size? If it’s a choice between jeans that are a bit on the snug side and a pair that are little big, always go with the smaller size. As long as you can do them up and still breathe it’s safe to purchase. Denim will relax as it’s worn so after a few wears they’ll be the perfect size.
*The most common mistake women make when buying jeans is focusing too much on ‘size’. It’s important to instead pay attention to the ‘fit’ and how you feel in the jeans rather than the number written on the tag.
* Don’t get hung up on designer labels. Just because they’re more expensive does not necessarily mean they will provide you with the best fit. Instead, always shop around - the more jean brands you try the better.
* Determine what style suits you best. Don’t just try on the style you are most attracted to on the shelf. Try on a variety of different shapes and cuts; even if they initially don’t appeal to you they might look great on!
*Always take a friend with you. Shop mirrors and assistants can be misleading and sometimes overwhelming. Getting an honest opinion from a friend will make a world of difference in helping you feel confident about your final decision.
To get the best bum:
*Look at back pockets, stitching detail and embellishments to make sure they don’t add any unnecessary bulk.
*If your bum is your biggest problem area always opt for the simple five-pocket classic jean.
To get the slimmest tum:
*Avoid button up jeans as they will add bulk to your mid area.
*Choose a higher waist cut as opposed to low-rise style jeans, this will help prevent any ‘muffin top’ moments.
To lengthen the legs:
* If your legs are your main problem area always opt for darker denims. This will help your body to appear slimmer as excessively light denims only add more shape making your legs appear wider than they actually are.
*Boot cut and flared leg jean styles best help create that long and lean appearance.
Now that you have all the best jeans advice behind you, visit our online shopping directory and let the search begin!
Tell us, have you already found your perfect pair of jeans? Or are you still searching?
You might also like...
Share your comments
Top Fashion Stories
Fashion Wrap: Nicole Kidman At...
It's all about Cannes this week - we rank Nicole K...READ MORE
Cashmere Care and Bespoke Shop...
Whenever we are lucky enough to find ourselves in ...READ MORE
Fashion Wrap: Nicole Kidman Fo...
Nicole Kidman is going to be all over fashion news...READ MORE
Thai Style Spiced Pumpkin & Gi...
One of my favourite meals, especially in winter, w...READ MORE
Great Gatsby Sydney Premiere, ...
The Great Gatsby has premiered in Sydney, new deta...READ MORE
Changes to Compulsory Superann...
We've been hearing much of the changes to compulso...READ MORE