5 ways to get your bod bikini ready
7th OF September 2012
Who's ready to hit the beach? Health & Wellness Coach Emma Seibold shows us how to get bikini body ready for summer.
By Emma Seibold
One minute it’s winter and the next thing you know the sun is shining, the weather in warming up and bikini panic sets in. With summer just around the corner it’s time to shed our winter blah and get our summer bods hotted up.
So what do you do if you want to get your body bikini ready STAT?
Try these 5 on for size.
1. Clean up your diet It can be quite dull, but if you really want to change your body, you need to change your diet. Go on a mini detox and cut out the white stuff (white sugar, white flour, pasta, rice, cakes, pastries, etc), reduce saturated fat (but keep the good fat in moderation – it helps to fill you up and is much better for you than diet and low fat foods), avoid packaged and processed foods, prepare your own meals – get creative with salads. Reduce salt in your diet as it causes your body to retain fluid, making you look bigger than you are. These changes will help you shed weight, but will also help to shed toxins and yucky stuff that is stored in your body, making you look (and feel) lighter, brighter and healthier.
2. Hit the barre to tone your legs and butt Barre work is incredibly effective at toning your body – think long and lean like a ballet dancer. The unique combination of yoga, pilates and ballet barre conditioning tones and stretches your muscles and the interval training format means that you get faster and more intense results (generally after about 10 sessions).
3. Embark on a juice cleanse Nothing works quite like a juice cleanse to get rid of excess fluid and a little extra weight. Juice cleansing can also really help to “reset” your attitude to food; once you’ve put all those concentrated nutrients into your body, you won’t want to pollute your body with unhealthy foods.
4. Work your butt off. Literally There is no substitute for good old fashioned exercise. Make a commitment to yourself to train for 45 minutes to 1 hour at least 4 times a week. If you put in the work, you will be rewarded with results.
5. Exfoliate, moisturise, spray tan Get rid of the dry and dull winter skin with a good exfoliation, moisturise with a skin firming lotion (they do work), and then get yourself a good spray tan or self tan. Even if you do nothing else, a tan will always make you look and feel fresher… as well as a little skinnier.
After all that’s done, get a bikini, hit the beach and show it off!
Emma Seibold is a holistic health & wellness coach, yoga teacher, mother of one beautiful boy, and founder of Barre Body yoga and barre studios.
You might also like...
Share your comments
Top Health Stories
Dry Skin: Nourish From The Ins...
Our skin is not only the largest organ of the b...READ MORE
Lady Friday On Intimacy, Breas...
Angelina Jolie gracefully revealed her double mast...READ MORE
Cate Blanchett for Giorgio Arm...
Cate Blanchett has stepped out in Milan for an exc...READ MORE
Editor Loves: Best Winter Frag...
I’d like to think that it’s the fragrance that...READ MORE