National Organic Week Australia
2nd OF October 2012
There are countless products on the market claiming to be ‘organic’ – but have you ever thought if what you are eating really is in fact, organic? And what the benefits of eating organic are?
National Organic Week Australia (NOW) is 10 days of activities and events designed to increase the awareness of the benefits of organic products and educate the wider Australian community on what products are actually organic and why.
Held from Friday October 5th to Sunday October 14th 2012, NOW aims to spread the word that buying organic products supports food safety, health, good nutrition and the environment.
Products that carry the logo of an accredited organic certification body guarantees they are genuine organic.
There will be events held throughout Australia and some highlight events you might want to check out are:
* Organic Tour and Taste – Tamburlaine Wines, Pokolbin NSW
* Organic and Raw Food Facts – Castle Towers, Castle Hill NSW
* Organic Empire Farm Store Open – Organic Empire Farm Store, Mt. Evelyn VIC
* Be Organic Book Brunch Launch - AboutLife – Rozelle NSW
* Brisbane Organic Growers Annual Fair – The Albion Peace Hall, Windsor QLD
* Hume Murray Farmers Market – Gateway Island, Wodonga VIC
* Poynter Farmers Market – Poynter Primary School, Duncraig WA
For more information and events check out the National Organic Week Australia website!
You may also like...
Share your comments
Top Lifestyle Stories
Australia's Biggest Morning Te...
One of our favourite fundraising events, Australia...READ MORE
Emma Watson for The Bling Ring...
The Bling Ring has premiered in Cannes, Kate Boswo...READ MORE